Here is a video of our trip to Happy Lodge...
Our trip to Happy Lodge was AMAZING! The children presented their gifts and danced for the residents of Happy Lodge with so much love, care and genuine delight. Our children really did us proud because they were patient, understanding and empathetic in their interactions with the elderly. Here are some of the children’s comments upon reflection…
“I was so happy because we made them happy.”
“I felt proud because I was giving them something I made myself.”
“It made me happy because they were smiling and clapping.”
“I am proud that I danced well.”
“They are so alone so we can make them happy by doing this.”
“I wish I could come again.”
This has been a week of KIDS UP FRONT. One was by Rebecca, who shared her lovely experiences about Cambodia and Cambodian school children and the other one was co-presented by Tilly and Kjerstin, who made a presentation on Earth Day. Tilly and Kjerstin taught us how to make Sun catchers which was really fun to do!
A really important event of the week was us singing to High School students who are graduating this year. We sang What-I-Am to a big gathering of very teary HS students. Our children were brilliant! They had to wait in silence for a long time to unsuspecting HS students who were behind a massive curtain in the Sports Hall. The curtains were gradually raised (after a long assembly) only to reveal 132 grade one our students who sang with so much energy and feeling. It was just magical! Here are some photos of the event.
For cooking this Friday, Susanne helped the children make chocolate covered fruit kebabs - they were delicious!!
We had Mystery Readers in our class this week. Can you tell who they are? Ask your child about this.
Tampines Eco Garden field trip: Wednesday, 27 April 8.20am - 10.00am
Please send your child in to school in PE shoes, wearing sunscreen and insect repellent and make sure they have a water bottle at school. We're only out for a short time but this is the tropics.
Save the date: Love Your Lungs: Tuesday, 10 May 8.20am to 8.45am
If you would like to come to the playground to watch our G1 LOVE YOUR LUNGS fun run/swim etc. (This was postponed from our MY BODY UNIT in T1 due to the haze )
Monday May 2nd: Labor Day (No School)
Tuesday May 3rd: Number Talks Workshop with Math Coach Nicole Tripp
Important reminders -
(Please have your child bring a plastic bottle to school by next Wednesday. They will be using them in Art Class with Mr. Betts)
Please please send in your child’s water bottle to school. It is becoming increasingly hot these days so we need to hydrate ourselves more often - water for the water fountain isn’t enough we feel.
Please ensure your child has a hat to wear at school.



No comments:
Post a Comment